Our steaks are simply amazing by themselves, but adding a quick and delicious sauce can bring them to the next level. Why go out to a restaurant when you can create a better and tastier meal at home.
These 2 mouthwatering sauces are the perfect finish to a sumptuous steak and salad during these hot evenings!
- Cook steak in pan to liking, then remove to rest on plate with foil over the top to keep warm.
- On a low heat – add 1 finely diced onion to the pan juices and lightly fry for 2 mins. If more liquid is required, just add 100mls stock to pan and reduce to a nice consistency.
- option 1: Mushroom Sauce:
- Add sliced mushrooms to the pan juices, fry lightly until cooked.
- Add cream, minced garlic and salt to pan. Cook on a low heat until the sauce thickens.
- option 2: Pepper Sauce
- Add 2T bottled green peppercorns, 1 tsp minced garlic and pinch of salt to the pan, then pour in approx 100ml cream. Cook on a low heat until the sauce thickens.