Gluten Free Glazed Ham
Easy and Delicious Gluten Free Glazed Ham
Serves 8–10 as a main meal – or a group on a table accompanied with other dishes.
This recipe has been borrowed from Donna Hay – and it is simply delicious and such a show stopper for the Christmas table. Not to mention – very easy to make.
- 3 CUPS (750ML) ORANGE JUICE
- 3 CUPS (525G) BROWN SUGAR
- 1 CUP (250ML) RED WINE VINEGAR
- 1 STICK CINNAMON
- 8 CLOVES
- 16 SPRIGS THYME
- 3 CUPS (750ML) PORT
- 1 X 6–7KG HAM LEG, skin removed (ask our staff to prepare this for you)
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Place the juice, sugar, vinegar, cinnamon, cloves and thyme in a medium saucepan over high heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and cook for 30 minutes or until reduced.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the port. Strain the glaze into a jug, discarding the solids.
- Place the ham, top-side down, into a tight-fitting, deep-sided baking dish and wrap the hock with non-stick baking paper followed by aluminium foil. Pour the glaze over the ham and roast for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 200°C.
- Turn the ham over, baste with the glaze and roast for a further 20–25 minutes or until golden. Remove the ham from the baking dish and place on a serving platter. Spoon the remaining glaze over the ham to serve.